August 27, 2009

Top Ten: Marriage

I am starting a new series of posts called Top Ten. My life is not stable enough to have a specific day to always do it, but just watch for them. This is part one of my Top Ten's...
I really just have to get this post out there. 
Marriage. 
Contrary to popular belief, I will NOT be getting married any time soon, thank you very much.
I don't know why, but it is a common topic of conversation among many that the college experience will whisk me into the sunset with a man in tow within 2 years. Supposedly at USU the marriage scene is red hot these days. I am hoping to overcome the statistics. I am not exaggerating when I say that MANY people really think this. I have been voted first one of my group of friends to get married after graduation, years 2008 AND 2009. My friends from the ward have bets with my young womens leaders that I will be the first one off. According to one friend, I will be married within 10 months because of my "rate" at which I date men.(?) (keep in mind that in 3 years I have dated 3 guys) Others attribute an early marriage to the fact that I am smart and talented (which actually intimidates guys and scare them away. At least that's what I tell myself...haha) Are these logical arguments? I think not. Is any of this based in ACTUAL fact? No. Although I am flattered by the supposed amount of maturity and the compliments that accompany these "titles", I cannot submit myself to think that they will yield a husband so swiftly. SO! With that lengthly intro....

TOP TEN REASONS WHY I WILL NOT BE MARRIED WITHIN 2 YEARS
10. I can't dance. (A great social tool to use in snatching husbands)
9. It will take me more time than that to be able to fit into a single digit dress size.  
8. I'm spunky and stubborn. I just wanna prove everyone wrong.
7. I'm sure God will bless my future husband by allowing time for me to learn how to cook. 
6. I will scare away at least 80% of candidates with my eccentric-ness, OCD, and quirks.
5. 20 hours of alone time in a practice room every week, doesn't exactly constitute as a "social" activity where I can meet eligible bachelors.
4. My sarcasm will woo men into a love-struck trance and they won't be able to resist me.
3. I am secretly terrified of men and the dating process.
2. I am very hopeful for a mission in my near future.
1. The best things in life are worth waiting for.





*This blog is not to be referred to when I get married no matter when it is. 

4 comments:

Sherry said...

You my sweet daughter are ready for whatever life has in store. Well maybe not cooking or even grocery shopping. I'm hoping you will eventually find the chapstick at the grocery store. I am so proud that after a week of dry granola you finally bought some milk. I am blown away that you are practicing 4 hours every day in addition to your classes. You still have made time for institute class, a weekly temple visit and institute choir. You amaze me!

Sarah Z said...

I swore that I would never get married until I was 26...I just wanted to live my life as a single woman while loving every minute of it. Well, my 26th birthday is in 2 weeks & I've been married for over 4 years. With that said, it's gonna happen when you least expect it!

Stephanie said...

Just enjoy life, when your time comes you will embrace it. Trust me! It's pretty amazing how Heavenly Father finds someone that can put up with our quirks...imperfections...etc. The perfect man may not always be perfect...some stubborn more than others :) but he is out there....so enjoy all you can right now and that will help you become the person you want to be. Trail and error is what I say makes the perfect person. Miss you, hope you are having fun!

Heidi said...

So - I'm on the side of your friends and YW leaders.....I don't think you'll last long single. Sorry to burst your "top ten" bubble. :)

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com