July 28, 2009

The Joys of My Job

Everyday I encounter the beauty that is community swimming pools. Oh yes, string bikinis, men with horrible back hair, people angry about pretzels... I work at the SLCo Draper Pool on South Mountain at the ticket window and registration office. Working with people daily can get VERY interesting. My favorite thing is all the questions I get asked. The valid, and the... not so valid :)

So for your entertainment...
SILLY QUESTIONS I HAVE BEEN ASKED AT WORK
Does your facility have a swimming pool?
Do I need stitches?
Do you know where my dad is?
Can I use the phone?
Did YOU change the price? (No...)
Why would you change the price? (I said I didn't!)
You mean I have to use my credit card because you changed the price? (I give up)
Who did I just call?
Why did I call you? (really???!)
Can I use the phone?
Can my daughter pee on the grass? (my favorite)
How did you know that my daughter peed on the grass?
You mean she has to use the public bathroom?
Can I use the phone?
No one came to my daughter's birthday party here, can I get a refund?
Your closed????
Can I use the phone?
Is that poop in the pool?
How much does it cost? (note that out prices are posted right in front of the customers face)
Can I use the phone?
Oh, it isn't free? (once they had already just walked in)
Can I use the phone?
Why are the pretzels so expensive?
Can I use the phone?
Can I use the phone?
Can I use the phone?

6 comments:

Heidi said...

HILARIOS! I am still laughing. Do I need stitches? Did they? Did they pee on the grass? Now I need to know the answers to these burning questions. Thanks for the laugh.

Sherry said...

Emily just think of it this way. You are being paid for a Psychology 101 practicum. Too funny!

Emily said...

Yea the boy needed like 6 stitches and supposedly this lady that I talked to has had her kids pee in the grass all summer and saw nothing wrong with it. Even her 15 year old daughter did! Sick! But she was most curious about how we knew about her whole grass peeing family. And no I have nothing to do with price changes!!

Sarah Z said...

You are lucky to have that much entertainment at work! You get paid how much $ to give these people "advice"?!

Emily said...

Very little... Haha but supposedly I just got a raise! Yay!

Grandmotherfairy said...

Too funny Emily...how much longer before you go to Logan?

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com