September 27, 2009

Sunday's Spiritual Thought

Today was my first fast and testimony meeting in my college ward. I had heard that there is never a gap in testimonies in my ward and I found this to be very true. I feel strongly that I will learn great and beautiful lessons from the people in my ward. We are all experiencing the same types of things and can relate to spiritual struggles. Through this I know we will learn and grow through each others testimonies. I bore mine today. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to bearing my testimony more often. I have doing well with it seeing as this is the first resolution I can even remember still in September. I set this goal  because of what amazing things it does for me. I truly believe that a testimony is strengthened in the bearing of it. I talked about my struggles the first week of school and how I have grown from them. Something that I mentioned was a phrase that hit me in the General Relief Society meeting, which was amazing! Pres. Eyring said, "Determination is a result of faith". I know that this is something I needed to have reiterated to me. My faith has driven me to stay determined in my way on the path through this hard and different experience of college. I am grateful for what I am learning and for the great joy that is mine through the gospel. 

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Emily what a beautiful testimony. We miss you!!

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com