October 11, 2009

Sunday's Spiritual Thought

Today, I have been pondering a lot about home. I felt strongly that I had to leave home before I truly realized what home means to me. What defines a home? This is what I came up with... Home is somewhere familiar, safe, and where people care about you. Home is where you feel at peace with where you are and who is around you. Home is the people that want you to succeed and fulfill every dream you have. Home is driving down the street and thinking of everyone who lives on it and thinking of what you can do for them. Home is being protected with love, law, and laughter. Home is love. I realized today, as I was driving down my street that I have a true home. In fact, home is more than 10137 Heytesbury Lane in Sandy. It is a feeling. It is love. I know that I have a heavenly home where I can have all of these things I defined and more with my eternal family and with the guidance of a loving heavenly father. I can't wait to more fully discover the feeling of home when I can be there. My homes: 10137 Heytesbury Lane, 113 Merrill Hall in Logan, Willow Canyon 7th Ward, anytime I am with family or friends that make me have that feeling of "home", and when I can be uplifted by the holy spirit and feel my Father in Heaven close to me. This post was a little scatter-brained but I hope you got what I mean. Home is where the heart is :)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Em that was so sweet. I am glad you came 'home' for the weekend. Can't wait to see you!

Sherry said...

Emily we love you!! Please continue to come home often. Home is more full of love with you here!

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com